Become a member
As qualified or trainee accountants, your people have made a commitment to their personal and career development through ongoing learning and education. Among the primary objectives of the GSCCA, is promoting the education of members of the Society, delivered currently through annual, technical, general and tax update courses and regular lecture lunches equating to approximately 30 hours of CPD per year. Whilst attendance at our courses and lectures is open to everybody, substantial discounts on courses are offered for members - offering a significant return on the subscription fees and high quality ongoing training opportunity for your staff.
- Receipt of industry updates and information via circulation to members
- Advance notice of our courses and events
- A significant discount for courses and lecture lunches. If you attend one course, you will save the membership fee
- During the year, the GSCCA run Annual Tax Courses, Annual General Update and our Annual Update Courses. We also run at least six lecture lunches which cover 'hot topics'. Also, social events such as the Annual Quiz and the Annual Dinner
- We offer online feedback opportunities to those attending our courses to help us gear these courses to our member needs
- As a firm employing GSCCA members you can become part of our University Scholarship programme, an initiative to assist one student through a UK University. We offer such firms the opportunity to provide paid work experience, often leading to an employment contract
- Tax, Technical and Training Sub Committees are on hand to assist members with queries
- If your firm offers training to prospective accountants, you are able to upload your details to the student area of the website under Training Firms
- CPD Tracker - all of the courses and lecture lunches you attend are recorded on the GSCCA website when you log into the website and view your personal record which you can print at any time for your CPD submissions
Secure online booking for courses and events via our website
The GSCCA has a fantastic website which is continually updated to keep members informed of what is going on, For firms employing members, you may set up a Firm Administrator who can keep an eye on what is happening and enables one individual to book on behalf of firm members which simplify subscriptions registrations
- The GSCCA relies on membership fees to keep the Society running each year. We believe this represents unbeatable value, particularly in the context of the discounts available on courses for your staff
- If you have employees who are qualified or a trainee accountant not yet members of the GSCCA, we encourage firms to enrol them as members. Members are also welcome if not linked to a firm
All information required is held on this website, we welcome new members. If you need assistance, Jane Underdown is always on hand to assist Contaact [email protected]
Who can join?
Members of the organisations below may apply to become FULL members of the GSCCA
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Members of all other organisations which are within the parameters set our below may apply to become ASSOCIATE members of the GSCCA
- Certified Accounting Technicians
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- A person who is not a Chartered Accountant but is a Partner in a Chartered Accountancy Practice and complies with the regulations made by the council of the ICAEW
- A person who is a member of a body which is a member of the UK Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB)
- A person who is a member of a body which has a reciprocal membership agreement which is recognised by ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI
A student currently studying to become a member of the professional bodies noted above shall be eligible for student membership of the Society
How much are Membership Fees?
£55 Full and Associate Membership
£30 Student Membership
IMPORTANT - If you are already a Member but have changed employers and cannot log in, please do not rejoin
You should log in using the email and password you originally set up on the website. You will then be able to change your details in your personal profile. If you experience difficulties DO NOT rejoin, please contact [email protected]
How do I become a NEW MEMBER or a FIRM ADMINISTRATOR?
Complete the online application form below and pay on line at any time during the year. If you are applying to be a Firm Administrator, there is no charge. Renewal date is 1 December annually. Please remember to use Google Chrome as your browser.
Member applications will be tabled at the next convened GSCCA Executive Committee meeting, in the interim, you will be deemed a member pending approval by the Executive Committee.
The GSCCA only communicate by email, please ensure you keep your contact details up to date
Please email Jane Underdown E: [email protected]